Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Begining

Some of you may be asking, "Why Jimmy Stewart?" Well, I'll tell you.



I was 9 years old, it was around Christmas time, and we were watching It's A Wonderful Life at school. That is when I realized Jimmy Stewart was the most handsome man I had ever seen (who knew I had that much taste at 9?). I would always be looking forward to Christmas because I would get to watch It's A Wonderful Life again.

About three years ago, when my obsession with classic television and Alfred Hitchcock Presents was in full swing, I decided to find more movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock. I came upon Rear Window at the local video store and thought it looked interesting. At the time, I barely knew any of the people in it, except Jimmy Stewart, whom I recognized from It's A Wonderful Life, but I remember thinking 'maybe I should branch out and start watching some old movies. These people look interesting.' Then I became really interested in classic films, especially Jimmy Stewart's movies. By summer I started watching more movies, collecting pictures from the internet, and wham! JimmyLove. He started out a as childhood crush, but the more I read about him, the more I liked him and the more I respected him as an actor.And now here I am today. Starting a blog in honor of my favorite actor. My life has been made so much better by discovering Jimmy and his wonderful movies, and I don't think I'd be the same without him.

I hope to share this joy with other fans and possibly introduce Jimmy to new fans as well. I'll post pictures, my film reviews, television schedules, news, etc. A few other Classic Hollywood items may also sneak in once in a while, but other then that, this blog is strictly Jimmy-related. I look at it as a way to organize my research and findings over the years and to share it with others who will (hopefully) enjoy it. :D

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails