Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jimmy Stewart Movie Challenge

I decided, since I it's now my summer vacation, to embark on a challenge and I would like to invite all of you to join me. Here it is: I am going to watch all of Jimmy Stewart's movies that I currently own or will be able to get via the library in order from his earliest film to his last. While I've been quite busy lately, I want to find time to do this. Some of these movies I haven't seen more then once and some of them I just haven't found the time to watch yet, unfortunately. I'm going to start next week, or possibly this weekend, if time allows. When I finish a movie, a review will go up on this blog.

I encourage fans to do this with me! That way, you can participate in the discussions and possibly enjoy my reviews more. I'll be starting off with Rose Marie (1936) since that is the earliest jimmy movie I own and am able to get within a week (I'm going in the order of his IMDB filmography, by the way). Rose Marie is also playing on TCM this month, tomorrow June 18 at 11:00AM Eastern. I am going to mention the next movie I'm going to watch in the previous film's review since I don't own them all and can't watch them exactly in order. If anyone has a seen one of Jimmy's rare/hard-to-find films and would like to write a review, please do so! You can contact me at: jimmystewartblog@gmail.com and I will share it as a guest post here.

I think this is a grand opportunity to showcase and celebrate Jimmy's talents and watch him progress as an actor. I've never done anything like this before with any of my favorite classic movie stars, and I think it's going to be fun. Maybe we can even introduce Jimmy to new fans who may happen to stumble upon this site.

I hope you will participate with me and enjoy watching Jimmy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails