Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Are You A Jimmy Fan?

I think it's a fair question to ask, and a good introductory one. And I'm sure we all have different reasons.

Perhaps you've been watching It's A Wonderful Life every year for as long as you can remember or saw one of his other films on TV or video and were hooked, either by his good looks (*wink* :) ) or his acting (or both). Maybe you read about him somewhere and were fascinated. What is it about him that seems special and makes you a fan?

For me it is his timelessness- not just his screen image and films, but his attitude. Jimmy was down-to-earth, generous, kind and caring off screen. He may have been one of the giants of Hollywood, but he certainly never acted like one, which was part of his charm. Stewart is the type of person we say we'd be if we somehow became a celebrity. He enjoyed his fame, but invariably used its benefits in a positive manner. He was never pretentious and always felt he was no better then the average person. He stayed true to his boyhood roots his whole life, even in Hollywood which is something I admire about him. His acting also holds up well these many decades later especially with the annual television broadcast of It's A Wonderful Life every December.

It's also been said that a fan's favorite actor or actress is their favorite because they can identify with them the most. They have similar personalties and on-screen characteristics. I've found over the years of being a devoted Jimmy fan, that we do have a similar personality and even a few common interests. That may be another reason why I sort of 'gravitated' toward his films when I was first becoming interested in old Hollywood. And ya know what? I'm really glad I did.

So, let's have your comments on this. Why are you a Jimmy Stewart fan? As the saying goes, inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails